My most recent painting. Watercolor on paper. 16" x 20". I love to ponder this painting, so many memories.
Rain On the WindowRead More
Watching Over Us,
Los Angeles freeways at nightRead More
Hello, I have lots of good news to share!
I have 6 shows coming up, all clustered together... I just wanted to give you a "heads up", so you could mark your calendars and plan to attend.
1. July 29th - September 26th. Opening Reception is Saturday, August 6th. Hillcrest Center for the Arts in Thousand Oaks. 403 W. Hillcrest Dr, Thousand Oaks, 91360. This show is through the organization I belong to: Women Painters West. The Center is located behind the Thousand Oaks Mall.
2. August 18, 19 & 20. Opening Reception is Thursday the 18th from 5-10pm. I named the show Split Personality as it will combine two of my favorite mediums. I will have about 20 paintings & sculptures. This is a solo show at the brand new ARTree Gallery in Newhall. The first night is Thursday the 18th and coincides with the City of Santa Clarita's SENSES event & the opening of the SCAA Gallery . Thursday 5-10pm, Friday & Saturday 7-10pm. 22508 6th St, Downtown Newhall, 91321 Suite C It is the red building between the Ceramics Studio and the parking lot, around the corner from the Canyon Theater Guild.
3. September 16 - November 21. Opening reception Wednesday evening, September 21st, 6-8pm. Elements sculptural installation at the Art Space in the Westfield Town Center Mall, hosted by the city of Santa Clarita. This is a solo exhibition. The Art Space is located inside next to Sisley's restaurant. The piece will be about 12-14 feet wide, made in 4 parts and is primarily steel and glass.
4. September 23 - October 30th, Canyon Theater Guild, 24242 Main Street, Newhall. Opening Reception will be October 1st, 5-7 pm. This is a "duo" event with Jeanne Iler. There will be up to 50 paintings. This art space is made available by the Canyon Theater Guild and the Santa Clarita Artists Association. Two outstanding plays, The Drowsy Chaperone and Around the World in 80 Days, will be at the theater during this time period.
5. Santa Clarita Artists Association Gallery. Begins September 22nd, I will give you specifics when I have that information.
6. Art Classic Gala, October 15th, at Hart Hall in Newhall. The following day, October 16th will be a free public exhibition only. I will give you more information soon.
I am looking forward to seeing you at as many events as you can attend. Thank you for your continued support and interest in my work.
Work is available for purchase at every event.
I am teaching a metal sculpturing course at College of the Canyons, Valencia Campus. Not only will you make a small sculpture of your choice, but you will also be part of the team that makes a large public art sculpture to be permanently installed on the campus. The class begins on February 10th and runs every tuesday night from 5-10pm for 16 weeks. Contact Sherie Arnold at 661.362.5657 to sign-up. The flyer has all of the information you need for the class.Read More
I have some great news!
I completed and installed my latest sculpture, L'Dor V'Dor, last sunday in the sanctuary at Temple Ramat Zion. This striking commissioned piece is 13' x 5' and is made of copper and stainless steel. Continuity and Unity are the subtexts of this artwork. I love it and want to share this special event with you.
It is currently covered, waiting for the dedication/unveiling event this coming sunday, December 7th, from 2-4pm. I would be very happy to see you there. I will not show any pictures at this time as I want to keep it "under wraps" until the very last minute. I guess I like a bit of drama... so here is a small detail picture to peak your interest.
Temple Ramat Zion is located at:
17655 Devonshire Street
Northridge, CA 91325
I am excited to let you know that I am in the beginning stages of formulating a metal art course at College of the Canyons. The plan is to start in spring. Together we would create two sculptures. One for the new Culinary Arts building and the other for the new Student Center. It is a very exciting proposition. I will send out more updates as it progresses. Tuesday evenings are looking to be a good fit. I am hoping to have welding and art students as well as anyone else who desires to leave a beautiful legacy on the college campus. Of course they need to be interested in a bit of welding and metal work. If you are interested or know anyone who might be, please let me know.
See you Sunday in Northridge!Read More